PrivaceraCloud Release 2.2 - 04-Jun-2021
Notes last updated: 15-Jun-2021
New And Improved Features#
- Automatic registration and activation of sub-accounts.
- Administrator's email address can be re-used for sub-account registration.
- Data server now logs user requests for S3 operations in AWS CloudWatch logs. See Add UserInfo in S3 Requests sent via Dataserver.
Support for EMR Version 5.30.1 will end in the next release of PrivaceraCloud. Cusomers should upgrade to a Privacera-support version of EMR.
- Support for Privacera plug-ins for EMR versions 5.33.0, 6.1.0, and 6.2.0.
- Support for Privacera plug-in with PrestoSQL for EMR 6.x series. See AWS EMR: Hive, PrestoDB, and Presto SQL.
- View-level access control (using the Data Admin privilege), view-level column masking, and view-level row filtering in the Hive plug-in is now enabled by default. See
EMR Native Ranger Plug-in#
- Support for mutual TLS authentication between the EMR Native Ranger plug-ins and PrivaceraCloud for EMR Versions 5.32 and 5.33. See EMR Native Ranger Integration with PrivaceraCloud.
Support for Databricks version 6.4 will end in the next release of PrivaceraCloud. Customers should upgrade to a Privacera-supported version of Databricks.
- Support for Databricks SQL Analytics
- Support for Privacera plug-ins with Databricks versions 7.6 and 8.2.
- Support for view-level access control (using the Data Admin privilege), view-level column masking, and view-level row filtering in Databricks SQL plug-in-based clusters. This access control can be enabled by adding a property in the Spark configuration.
Privacera Discovery is now generally available on PrivaceraCloud.
- Support for real-time scans of AWS S3 data sources.
- Improved enabling of Discovery account administrator and users.
- Support for adding and scanning JDBC data sources: Oracle, PrestoSQL, MySQL, and Apache Cassandra.
- Support for PrestoSQL as a universal JDBC pass-through.
- Support for Databricks on Azure.
Last update: July 29, 2021